Friday, May 23, 2008

Our Market Burned


On Wednesday evening, May 21st, our local market burned in the evening hours, close to 10PM. Days before there was a dispute about a truck which had pulled some wires lose. An electrician was called but those who it affected didn't want to pay the $11 bill for the new cable and electricians fees. The electrician then disconnected his work. Officials say this was the area of the source of the fire. Out of the close to 330 booths in the maret area, 141 were damaged. This has been the talk of town since Thursday morning. Our city is mourning over the large loss as this affected 141 station owners and all of their workers and families. This will affect their current income and future income. One market station owner alone lost 1,200 sacks of corn, all of it was burned. This sadness has brought forth a lot of sadness. This is when our local church will be able to reach out to those who have lost. Please keep the city of Catacamas in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Hawk family! I was reading El Sembrador updates on some sit I found through google and I stumbled across a link to your blog! I'm so glad I found it! I have your old prayer card still on my mirror, moved only once when I moved to IWU, and I remember your family often, and remember the school and the boys often. I hope one day to return, but while I wait, I love reading these updates and your blog! God bless,